If you have multiple concerns you’re hoping can be corrected with plastic surgery, combining procedures can be a great way to reduce recovery time, cost, and provide the results you want. This is one of the reasons mommy makeover surgery at our Calgary practice has become such a popular option for women in the Edmonton area.
In this blog post, we’ll explain everything you need to know about the benefits of choosing a combined procedure, from the financial considerations to the effects on your overall results.
The mommy makeover is a customizable surgery, meaning you can choose which procedures you’d like to include. Most women typically opt for a combination of 2 or more of the following:
- Abdominoplasty: Removes excess abdominal skin stretched by pregnancy and can also repair separated abdominal muscles.
- Liposuction: Suctions out fatty tissue to reduce stubborn fat deposits in various areas of the body.
- Breast Lift: Addresses sagging or drooping breasts, common after breastfeeding.
- Breast Lift with Implants: Restores volume to deflated breasts while lifting them to a more youthful position.
- Breast Reduction: Removes excess tissue to bring the breasts into proportion with the body.
- Labiaplasty: Enhances confidence and comfort after childbirth.
Benefits of Combining Procedures
While having just one procedure done at a time may seem to be the simplest course of action, taking a combined approach offers a number of benefits.
A Single Recovery
A staged approach would multiply the total recovery downtime required. With a procedure such as a tummy tuck or a breast lift, you can expect to be away from work for about 2 weeks, and you may not feel back to 100% for 4 to 6 weeks. By having these procedures done within the same surgery, you’ll essentially stack these recovery times into the same window, saving you weeks and potentially months of downtime.
The price of each procedure includes a set of fees, including anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, and facility fees. When you have multiple procedures done at the same time, you only have to pay these fees once, as opposed to paying 2 or more separate charges. This results in a lower overall expense for the same outcome.
Some cosmetic surgery results compliment others. For example, a tummy tuck combined with a breast augmentation creates a harmonious silhouette and a greater contrast between the breasts and the abdomen. Creating multiple corrections at once creates a more dramatic and comprehensive overall result. This effect is one of the reasons the mommy makeover remains so popular.
To see real examples of the results our surgeons have created, please visit our mommy makeover before-and-after photo gallery.